Thursday, November 3, 2011

Clean Eating Magazine

I love books.  Real books.  You know the kind where you can ACTUALLY turn real pages.  We have an eReader but I hate reading on it.  It isn't the same comfort that I seem to get from books.  And my love of books, I love love love magazines.  We we moved into our house and then had Lorelei I didn't renew a lot of our magazines, however I have gotten two magazines this year.  The one I want to talk about today however is called Clean Eating.

I got a great deal on the magazine and I am so glad that I got it even through I hadn't heard of it before.  It covers everything from gluten free, veggie only, and good high protein dishes.  Most of the items they call for I can get in my grocery store and only once I had to go to our local health food store for an item.

One of the recipes I liked a lot from the magazine has been the Seared Chicken with Maple glaze.  This is their photo of the dish.  I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the dish because it was gone as soon as plated it for everyone.  To me that is a huge success with any meal since I have one child that will eat anything and another that is kind of picky/bland when it comes to eating.  I think the secret to this dish being a mark in the win column was the maple glaze.  Now I used a sugar free maple syrup for this dish and kosher salt, so this dish came out even lower carb count wise and sodium wise.  I also didn't find this overly sweet because of the maple syrup either where in some other dishes we have had that issue and well that food was hard to choke down.

So if you are looking for a great new magazine to give to someone as a gift or looking for a way to make your own cooking healthier and dishes easy on the budget I highly recommend this magazine.  BTW- I wasn't paid to review this recipe or the magazine.  I paid for it out of my own pocket and have loved every minute of it since it has arrived in all it's colorful wonderfulness in my mailbox.



No comments:

Post a Comment