Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gluten Free Bread Review- Udi's Bread

Many of you know that I have had gastric bypass and with my PCOS I have some really strong gravings for carbs.  Well carbs like bread are a no no with gastric bypass so I was trying to find a good alternative for when I just can't resist anymore.

And I have... Udi's bread.  My girls even love this stuff!  I can get this at my local health food store and I have tried the white sandwich bread and the millet-chia bread.

I enjoyed them both.  The white sandwich bread one is amazing for grilled cheese, sandwiches, french toast  ... well basically everything that you would do with your normal white bread you can do with this bread!  This bread reminds me of a good loaf of crusty white bread.  And sooooo good with just a little butter on it slightly toasted.  HEAVEN!

The millet-chia bread was great for just toast and sandwiches.  It has a great nutty bite to it like if you got one of those super duper whole grain breads with all the bells and whistles in it.  The girls enjoyed this one a lot as well and eat it so fast I didn't get a chance to play with it like the white bread.

So, if you are looking to try something new or just found out that you need to go gluten free try this bread, You will love it!

-Shannon

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried it, but your post makes me curious... I know that there was a coupon out there, I'll have to see if I can still track it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the coupon still isn't up try calling or emailing them to see if they will send you one. I do that a lot and I normally get really awesome ones for just taking a little time to talk to someone.

    ReplyDelete