Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Feeling Fishy?

I love fish, but I grew up in a house were we really didn't eat fish.  And if we did have fish it was either fish out of a box or canned tuna.  Now my mom did try to make "real" fish but every time my mom made it I ended up in the bathroom puking my brains out.  It wasn't until I was dating Jeremy that I finally tried "real" fish again.  Yes, that is how scared I was by my mom's cooking.  


But, I have had a hard time getting the girls to eat fish.  Lorelei LOVES shrimp and she will fight us for them.  I have even been stabbed by a fork because Lorelei was trying to get my shrimp off my plate.  I have gotten Annabelle to try cod and liked it a lot, but that can be pricey at the store.  My kids also go through phases where they don't want to eat protein and to me fish is a great way to reach your daily protein goals.  So, I have come up with a great canned tuna dish that the girls eat up.  



One can/pouch of tuna packed in water
1/4 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of shredded salad greens (whatever you have on hand)
1/4 cup of shredded cheese (whatever you have on hand)
3 piece of bacon crumbled
enough light mayo to make moist (or 
Vegenaise)
Dump everything into a bowl and stir together.  Eat on crackers or toast or anything else you would like to put this with such as Wasa bread, pasta, etc... I eat mine in lettuce leaves or as Lorelei calls them Salad Boats.  Now depending on how much you want on a sandwich this can feed 3 adults or 6 toddlers in half sandwiches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment